1st Year, Semester A, 1st Module (1A1)
Summary: How does one enter into philosophy? What is the starting point and can one discern different parts in this search for truth?
Various themes to be looked at:
– Philosophy, the most natural search for truth:
- The starting point for philosophical research
- Questioning reality
- Philosophy and the history of philosophy
- The great human questions, the first of which is work
- How are the parts of philosophy distinguishable?
– Philosophy of Work: the first great human question
- Realisation of a work, a fundamental activity at the heart of all human activity
- The different elements in artistic activity
- Artistic experience
- Artistic choice, a creative choice?
Plato, Apology of Socrates: Plato poses the questions that are as relevant today as they were in his time.
Fr MDP, Retracing Reality: summary of philosophical search from beginning to end.